NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
This is a 2 week course with an additional exam day. Successful completion will provide a sound basis in the field of Health and Safety.
• Registration and Certification
• Dynamic & fun training
• All course material
Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for anyone who needs to gain a sound understanding of the principles of workplace health and safety. It also covers UK specific health and safety law.
The National General Certificate is seen as a very useful qualification for managers, supervisors and those who need to have a sound understanding of their health and safety responsibilities and who wish to implement sustainable health and safety improvements.
What does the qualification cover?
The National General Certificate covers how health and safety can be effectively managed, the main legal requirements for health and safety in UK, identification and control of workplace hazards, and the practical application of this knowledge. Crucially, the practical element of the course requires students complete a health and safety inspection of their workplace before producing a management report outlining inspection findings and recommendations.
NEBOSH Course Content:
- The key legal requirements for managing health and safety at work.
- The importance of and key elements of health and safety management systems.
- Principles and practice of risk assessment.
- The identification of workplace hazards such as those associated with general workplace issues, fire, electricity etc.
- Methods for controlling identified workplace hazards.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required. Students should note that the assessment includes a requirement to write a short report.
What is the duration of the course?
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of Health and Safety (NGC1)
- Controlling workplace hazards (GC2)
- Health and safety practical application (GC3)