Paediatric First Aid Course - 1 Day
This one day course is designed to give parents and carers the knowledge and confidence to provide effective emergency first aid.
• Certificate valid for 3 years
• Dynamic & fun training
• All course material
• Realistic Casualty Simulation
This course is designed for parents, grandparents, carers or childminders who have the responsibility of looking after young people. It will also benefit Early Years organisations such as nurseries, after-school clubs, crèches and childminders in helping them to provide additional first aiders.
Paediatric First Aid Course Content:
- Dealing with an emergency
- Burns and scalds
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation including CPR for children and babies
- Common childhood emergencies e.g. asthma and head injuries, asthma
- Reporting accidents and illnesses
- What to do if a child or baby is choking
- Contents of first aid boxes and their use
- Control of minor bleeding including nosebleeds
- Dealing with an epileptic fit, shock and anaphylactic (allergic) emergencies including Epipen
- Questions and answers
Training is delivered using relevant practical and realistic casualty simulation techniques. This course is delivered by our team of experienced trainers who make the course fun, interesting, practical and relevant to you. Courses can be at your premises or at one of our locations.
Successful candidates could progress onto the 2-day Paedatric course as recommended by Ofsted.