Paediatric First Aid Course - 2 Day
This 2-day course meets the OFSTED requirements and will give candidates the knowledge and confidence to provide effective first aid for their organisation.
- Certificate valid for 3 years
- Dynamic & fun training
- All course material
- Realistic Casualty Simulation
- Lots of hands on practical sessions
This course is for Early Years organisations such as nurseries, after-school clubs, crèches and childminders. It is designed to meet the requirements of OFSTED under the guidance issued by DfES.
2 Day Paediatric First Aid Course Content:
- Introduction to first aid for childcare settings
- Burns and scalds
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Fractures & head, neck and back injuries
- Dealing with an epileptic fit, shock and anaphylactic (allergic) emergencies
- Poisoning, bites & stings
- Resuscitation including CPR for children and babies
- Heat and cold injuries
- What to do if a child or baby is choking
- Febrile convulsions
- Control of bleeding including nosebleeds
- Eyes, ears & noses foreign bodies
- Common childhood emergencies e.g. asthma and head injuries
- Medical conditions including asthma, diabetes & sickle cell
- Reporting accidents and illnesses
- Contents of first aid boxes and their use
- Questions and answers
Training is delivered using relevant practical and realistic casualty simulation techniques.
This course is delivered by our team of experienced trainers who make the course fun, interesting, practical and relevant to your workplace.