The R-Shield Eco Snood is a face covering featuring an incorporated nanofibre filter in the front 180⁰ (ear to ear protection) that is certified to capture 99.9% of viruses, bacteria, dust, pollen and diesel particles from the air. The R-Shield can be washed 50 times which means it offers a long-term protective solution.
The snood is specifically designed for tight fitting around the face (and jaw) to help ensure an intake of breath goes through the filter and not via errant air flows. To aid this, the design includes an adjustable cord and padded nose clip ensuring a good seal can easily be achieved for any face shape. Everything from the bridge of the nose downwards is covered by the protective mesh filter with a pore size of 0.01µm (0.01 microns).
The R-Shield is an eco-friendly product made in the EU from recyclable materials. For every snood sold, a donation is made to green causes.
R-Shield Light – For Sports, Warm Weather & Indoors
The R-Shield Light is identical in appearance and construction as the standard R-Shield but rather than high quality cotton, the outer snood is made from a sports material that has better moisture and heat releasing properties. This provides a good choice where the R-Shield may be used as protection during hot weather, intensive sport or indoors as well as outside.
- Ideal as a face covering required to enter certain premises under UK Government rules effective 24th July 2020
- Comfortable lightweight solution for people looking to mitigate infection risks whilst working, on public transport or for employers looking to protect staff at work
- The filter is tested and approved for 99.9% protection from bacteria, viruses and fine particles by Nelson Laboratories (USA), EMPA Laboratories (Switzerland) and VUT (Czech Republic) and meets EN 14683:2005
- Protection that includes reduced risks associated with touching key facial infection areas or the wearer infecting others around them by openly releasing particles – filtration is two way
- 50 washes means that at 15 hours of intensive use over a couple of days in between washes provides 750 hours/150 days of protection from one snood
- Filtration goes both ways and the filter does not need changing/swapping
- A padded nose clip and spring cord lock ensure a good comfortable seal around all face shapes
- Light option with better heat and moisture releasing properties for use in warmer weather and indoors or for long periods of intense activity such as sports
- No annoying elements inside the scarf or straps behind your ears
- Not suitable for under 5yrs, parental supervision required at all times
- Made in the EU since 2018 from recyclable materials, for every R-Shield sold a donation is made to green causes and disability charities